As summer gives way to fall, you can expect weather conditions to change throughout the state of Pennsylvania. While fall is a beautiful time of the year, it also brings many challenges to drivers.
Here are five fall driving safety tips to keep in mind in the months to come:
- Watch for wet leaves: When you brake on wet leaves you may find your vehicle slipping, thus making it more difficult to maintain control.
- Prevent sun glare: From wearing sunglasses to using your sun visor, keeping sun glare out of your eyes is important.
- Slow down in the rain: If a fall rainstorm hits while you're behind the wheel, immediately slow down and leave more space between vehicles.
- Watch for deer: Deer activity picks up during the fall months. Even if you don't strike a deer head on, swerving to avoid trouble can lead to an accident.
- Maintain your vehicle: Vehicle maintenance is important at all times of the year. During the fall season, check that your tires are properly inflated and have enough tread. Also, your windshield wipers should be in good working condition.
With these fall driving safety tips guiding you, it's easier to avoid trouble on the road.
In the event of an accident, move your car to safety and call for help. Also, if someone else caused the crash, exchange information if possible.
Once you receive treatment, contact your insurance company for guidance. This is also a time for you to learn more about your legal rights and how to hold the negligent party responsible.